Saturday, 29 November 2014

Slog Week 11

 Lectures:
On the Monday lecture of this week, we talked more about diagonalization and showing what functions are not computable. I may need to look through these slides again because I'm still a bit fuzzy on the details. We also started a bit on induction on Monday. On Wednesday, the rest of induction was taught. I had actually skipped this lecture to prepare for my calculus test that I had later that day, but I'll probably just look through the slides anyways. Also, the induction stuff seemed pretty similar to what we did in calculus. Friday was just another problem solving day.

Tutorial:
The tutorial on Tuesday was pretty much the same as usual. Our TA changed things up by making us do the problem before showing us how to solve it. Unfortunately, our class was pretty quiet so only a few people answered.

Other stuff:
Going back to the halting problem that I had trouble understanding, I looked through the annotated slides this week. After a while of staring at the navel_gaze function I finally understood why inputting navel_gaze and navel_gaze into navel_gaze creates a contradiction. I was surprised at how that worked. I also need to start working on my assignment 3 that's due Monday. It doesn't look too difficult except for the last two questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment