Friday, 19 September 2014

SLOG Week 1

What New Things Were Learned?
As with many other courses, the first week and a half has been a bit slow. We were taught topics such as how to problem solve, set theory, and logic. Logic was not too hard for me to understand since I have taken a computer science course before in high school and this topic was also being covered in another course I was taking, MAT137. Set theory was also simple to grasp since it was another topic that MAT137 covers. Some of the things we learned with logic included if-then, vacuous truth, and the two quantifiers (existential and universal).

How Did Tutorials Go?
Tutorials this week went well. The TA took up questions from the exercise sheet and answered questions that people had. We then wrote a very brief quiz. Overall, there were no problems with the tutorial.

How Do I Feel About This Course?
I find this course to be interesting since it is supposed to help people learn how to solve word problems. I look forward to seeing what I can learn from this course to improve my problem solving. The professor also seems nice and he is not boring to listen to.

Achievements?
Since this is only the second week, there were not many or any achievements at all other than being able to understand the concepts being taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment